Steps to follow, if you notice suspicious activity on your account or believe your account has ben compromised.
If you notice suspicious activity on your account or believe your account has been compromised:
1. Lock your account: Contact Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to temporarily lock your account. This temporary lock on your account restricts funds from leaving your account and prevents access to your Cult Wine Investment portal.
2. Secure your email and device: Reset your email password and check for any unfamiliar rules, filters, forwarding addresses, or recovery emails. Scan your devices with anti-virus software and ensure that your device software is updated to the latest version. This protects your account(s) and devices from potential malware threats that could be used to steal your sign-in credentials to gain unauthorized access to your account(s).
3. Secure your email. Hackers may use your email to gain access to your Cult Wine Investment account.
- Check if you can still sign in to your email
- If your email has been compromised, you'll need to contact your email provider to shut down or change your email password
- Change your email password if you still have access to the email account
- Secure your bank account. It's important to update the passwords on the bank account linked to your Cult Wine Investment account. If your bank account has been compromised, you'll need to contact your bank
- Contact your local authorities. If funds were removed from your Cult Wine Investment account by a third-party without your permission, contact your local authorities and file a police report
- Report any suspicious transactions. If you see unauthorised transactions on a bank statement relating to Cult Wines, or on your Cult Wines account, you can report them to Support providing all transaction details